Happy Birthday Big LEGO® Build
12th February 2017
On the 11th February 2017 we celebrated the Big LEGO® Build’s (BLB) 1st Birthday.
A year on from the launch in 2016, the project has raised over £31,000 to help the Cathedral protect its buildings and seen 1000’s and 1000’s of people visiting the Cathedral to donate to the project and add their bricks to the model. The team are happy to report that a fantastic 59 modules (sections of the model) have been added to the plinth over the last year, thanks to those who have donated and a wonderful team of volunteers who give their time and skills freely to run the project.
Planned celebrations for the BLB Birthday Week (Saturday 11th – Friday 17th February 2017)
- For each £1 donated to the project, you can lay 2 bricks;
- Come and visit our Exeter Cathedral stand in Princesshay (in front of Debenhams/Café Rouge) on Monday 13th February 10am-3pm (and find out about lots of other things we do at Exeter Cathedral);
- Daily free entry into a prize giveaway each day for those that visit and donate to the project;
- A LEGO creation competition where entrants can win a fantastic LEGO set donated by Bright Bricks;
- Join in the celebrations by bringing in your own LEGO build to show the team or tweet and post pictures of your builds on social media, using the #bigLEGObuild
- Do you visit the project a lot? New for our 2nd year! Pick up your ‘Build Record’ from the Big LEGO Build team to help you track where you’ve laid your bricks and collect your rebuild stickers!
Find out when we're open
Daily Prize Giveaway
Visit and donate to the project during its birthday week and get free entry into a daily prize giveaway. One lucky entrant will win a Build on Brick mug each day, announced over the Cathedral's social media.
(T’s and C’s apply: Only one entry per person per day and entrants must be able to collect their prize within 1 month of the prize winner announcement. Entrants can be of any age and any level of LEGO expert but must be a UK resident and provide full name, address and contact details as part of entry (entries for children must be supported by the details of a parent/guardian). Daily entry will close at close of model each day)
The Big LEGO Build 1st Birthday Competition
Consider yourself a fan of LEGO? Submit a photo of your best LEGO creation to enter our competition to win a "LEGO Creator Lighthouse Point" set (see below). Entries must be received by close of model at 4pm on Friday 17th February. Fun builds are essential. Find out how to submit your entry
Model opening times from 11th – 17th February 2017 at the Cathedral
Saturday 11th – 10.00-15.30
Sunday 12th – 12.30-15.30
Monday 13th – 13.00-16.00 (in Bedford Square, Princesshay 10.00-15.00)
Tuesday 14th – 10.00-16.00
Wednesday 15th - 10.00-16.00
Thursday 16th - 10.00-16.00
Friday 17th - 10.00-16.00